Other graduate programs offered 100% online:
CHOOSE MCGEORGE SCHOOL OF LAW
Be Prepared for Success
About McGeorge & History
McGeorge School of Law, part of the University of the Pacific, educates lawyers for large, mid-size, boutique and private law firms, government agencies and corporate legal departments in California, across the United States, and around the world. For the past 6 years, McGeorge has also expanded its education to provide learning opportunity to non-lawyers. With the launch of our McGeorge Online Graduate Programs, we are now providing the opportunity for more students across the U.S. to become part of the McGeorge community.
As the world grows smaller yet more complex, McGeorge responds by rigorously training students for leadership positions in the global economy of the 21st century. McGeorge is a dynamic law school that is changing and growing, building our continued success on our distinguished faculty, high quality students, and broad alumni community.
As part of the larger, nationally ranked University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law shares a common goal across on-campus and online programs: To educate and prepare the leaders of tomorrow through intensive academic study, experiential learning, and service to the community.
Key Statistics & Awards
MCGEORGE SCHOOL OF LAW FACTS
- Ranked No. 4 for Best Law School for Public Service-Government Law, PreLaw Magazine, 2018
- Ranked No. 3 in U.S. for Government Law, National Jurist, 2016
- Honor Roll for Best LL.M. programs, 2016
- McGeorge Dean Michael Hunter Schwartz named ninth Most Influential Person in Legal Education, National Jurist, 2017
- Ranked No. 42 Part-Time Program in U.S. News & World Report 2018 Best Graduate Schools Guide
- Recognized as No. 18 with an “A Grade for Practical Training” preLaw Magazine, Spring 2017
- McGeorge Professor Stephen C. McCaffrey was named the Stockholm Water Laureate in 2017 for his work in international water resources law
What students and the community say about McGeorge
“I chose McGeorge because the classes build up specific knowledge about things that only people working in the field might know. It gets you a step ahead of the competition.”
— Brandon Chaidez ’18
“My decision to come to McGeorge was influenced in large part by the caliber and dedication of the professors here. The professors not only want to teach us the current law, but also encourage us to challenge laws that are antiquated or prejudicial to marginalized community members."
— Vallerye Mosquera ’15, Sacramento Immigration Attorney
"When I work with McGeorge alumni, they seem experienced, polished and able to connect the dots. The experience, attention to detail, and rigor of the program really shows, and for these reasons, we love hiring McGeorge students as law clerks at SMUD."
— Andrew Meditz ’09, Senior Attorney, Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD)